The Workshops at Good Shepherd Services and The NYC Art of Hosting Community of Practice will co-host a two-day workshop designed for anyone seeking skills and practice for advancing and deepening conversations that center race.
Thursday, September 20 to Friday, September 21, 2018
9:30 AM to 4:30 PM
12 West 12th Street
New York, NY 10011
Anyone who is or would like to be engaged in efforts to undo structural racism in our families, communities, faith groups, schools, groups or organizations may attend. You may be deeply engaged in a Racial Justice project or seeking the courage to step forward. They invite everyone who is seeking frameworks and skills to support our collective journey to bring stories, questions, wisdom and curiosity.
During this training, participants will:
- Learn the basic assumptions and world views underpinning the Art of Hosting and Participatory Leadership.
- Explore case studies that demonstrate the role of hosting transformative conversations in racial justice efforts.
- Practice participatory methodologies for hosting conversations that engage diverse perspectives and foster co-learning.
- Practice creating powerful questions that invite transformative conversations about race and equity.
- Experience the inclusion and embodiment of art and creative expression in collective sense making.
Early registration fee is $190 until August 31, $250 after 8/31.
For more details, click HERE.
Non-Good Shepherd Services Staff can register HERE (search for “The Art of Hosting Transformative Conversations on Racial Equity”)
For all registration questions please contact Eric_Cartagena@goodshepherds.org, 212-243-7070, ext. 10245