The Credible Messenger Justice Center will hold its second annual conference to highlight the current state and future of the Credible Messenger Movement. Participants in this movement have incorporated restorative justice principles and Circle practice into their work with youth.
Thursday, June 21, 2018
8:30AM to 5:30PM
The CUNY Graduate Center
365 5th Avenue
New York, NY 10016
The conference plenary sessions will include:
- Building Community Capacity and Sustainability: Representatives of government and community-based organizations from multiple jurisdictions discuss their roadmap and lessons learned, in building and sustaining successful, authentic partnerships around credible messenger programming.
- Trust but Verify: New Research Findings Demonstrating Impact and Transformation: Researchers and other experts discuss the need for and challenges posed by, evaluation of community-based programs. Why does evaluation matter? How can we use evaluations to advance our goals? What are the particular challenges to engaging in evaluations?
- Not All Lived Experience is Treated Equal: A diverse array of credible messengers share their experiences in ensuring that all voices are included in the conversation about credibility and that all young people and families have access to the specific supports they need.
- Emerging and Future Leaders of the credible messenger movement will share their stories and set the vision for the future of the movement.
Breakout Sessions will include in-depth, facilitated conversations on an array of topics including:
- Adversity Drives Transformation - Mobilizing a Community Through Adversity
- Healing and Trauma - Experience a CMI Circle
- Incarceration as a Toxic Public Health Issue: The NYC Health Justice Network
- Trust But Verify - The Arches Transformative Mentoring Evaluation Deep-Dive
- Untold Stories: The Impact of the Juvenile Justice System on Girls and GNC Youth
The conference is free to attend.
For more information and/or to register, CLICK HERE.